I know, having furniture delivered is not the most exciting blog entry but it is when you've been sat on camping chairs for three weeks using an old suitcase as a desk and the other one as a coffee table!As you can see we have a coffee table (come desk till our stuff from home gets here), bedside cabinets, dining room table and chairs! The joy!!!
It got delivered on Tuesday morning, we thought ready assembled, apparently not! It was all flat packed. Can you believe it! Simon was at work and I'm here faced with a load of boxes, no tools and nothing to do!
Well the hardware store is miles away, not entirely sure where, so I thought sod it I'll give it a go! I opened the boxes, laid everything out ready to start construction. I found all the tools we have in the apartment and got to work. Now this is the strange thing, I wouldn't really call them tools, they consisted of the following:
1 Shoe (Hammer)
1 Table Knife (Normal Screwdriver)
1 Kitchen Knife (Phillips Screwdriver)
An assortment of other cutlery (Leverage)
1 Chopping Board (To push in plastic gromity type thingy-me-bobs)
After 3 hours and in true 'A Team' or 'Scrapheap Challenge' we have furniture!
I have to say that as I was just about finished and only had about 10 screws left Simon popped in with 2 proper screwdrivers...... Yes I could have slapped him!!
When I had finished I popped over to the shop across the road for some supplies (well actually, it was large amounts of alcohol) and guess what I find? A bloody hardware section!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!
1 comments:
Phil...you chump!!
Post a Comment