....does whatever a spider can.....
Ok, no picture for this entry - for good reason!
Our building has a small gym in it, so I was in there doing my thing and after about 10 minutes I noticed something out of the corner of my eye - God help me, but it was the biggest spider I have ever seen! Body the size of an egg and legs like pipe-cleaners!!!!
At first I thought it was one of those joke ones on a length of elastic that kids have, but then I thought a) it's brown, not black - the kids ones are always black and b) I'm in Australia!!!!
So, I leapt off the machine to a safe distance (surprisingly, I didn't shriek like a 12 year-old school girl!) and had a proper look. I decided it was real, for a start, but as it wasn't moving I couldn't decide if it was a) asleep, b) dead, or c) eyeing me up and about to leap at me - uurrgggghhh.
Given I was in the gym, I didn't want to waste the opportunity, so I went onto a bike, which was a safe distance away (and nearer the door) and did 20 minutes keeping a close eye on the little beggar!
Thanks to my friend Sandra, we think it might have been a Huntsman - harmless, but meaty enough to scare the living daylights out of this particular Pommie!
Sweet dreams - all! ;-)
Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment