Thursday, 5 February 2009

Spidergate - day 2

Spidergate - the story continues....

Ok, so the next day (yesterday), the building manager (Alistair) was on the front desk as I left for work, so being the public minded citizen I am (!), I thought I'd have a quick word. After explaining that there was a huge spider in the gym (to which he shivered and did the whole EEWWWW thing) said he'd take a look and get it sorted. He said it was probably a Huntsman, was harmless and he'd get the cleaners to take a look - my suggestion was to suck it up a hoover, or something! (note: don't look up Huntsman spiders on Google or YouTube - the pictures are always taken an inch from the spidy's nose and they're EVIL looking little beggars - you've been warned!).

So, later that day, returning from work, the Alistair was still on the desk so I asked him the latest news on the Spider. He confirmed that it was indeed a Huntsman, re-iterated that it was harmless and that they're getting a spider man in next Thursday! (not the spiderman, but a bloke with a chair and a whip with which he can train the beast to do tricks at the circus....or has a huge shoe to kill it - let's be honest, I'm thinking sod Karma at this point).

Me being me, of course, I decided to have a quick look on the way up to the apartment; sure enough he was still there, but had moved, answering a previous question that he wasn't dead, but was watching me, waiting to pounce! The upside is that I get a week off from the gym - there's always a silver lining.... ;-)

0 comments: