We'd heard that Manly is a better beach than Bondi Beach so we thought we'd check it out. It was, it's a massive beach with turquoise water and it's quiet!

To get there we walked down to the harbour and took a ferry past the Opera House, this in it's self was amazing, you got to see the Opera House from the front (pointy bits and all). The ferry took about 30 minutes to get there. No sea sick pills, men overboard just a little kid unscrewing something that looked very important. It wasn't that important as we didn't sink but I watched her like a hawk on the way back!!
We found a quiet spot and we settled down, I watched the surfers and the people while Simon slowly BBQ'd himself, don't worry plenty of sun cream, we've learned our lesson, no more tomato coloured heads for us, we now buy suncream in gallon drums!!!!!
Like I said I w
atched the surfers and there was this one guy, he must have been my dad's age, you know, born before the wheel was invented. He had a surf board that wasn't a retro 50's one it was an original!! I have never seen anything like it, if we'd have taken the bus I would have got up and gave the old dude my seat!!!!Anyway he walked down to the sea carrying his surfboard, at which point I prodded sleeping beauty beside me and said "I think we have a geriatric surfer". We watched as he swam out further than anyone and I thought he cant be doing this!! Well he did!!!! If look closely you'll see gray hair! He had obviously been surfing since God was a boy!!
We sat and watched him for a while then went to get a cold drink, no, not alcohol, a Coke Slushy, fabulous, as always Simon slurped so quickly he kept getting Brain Freeze!!!!
When we got back to
Sydney harbour we remembered that there was yet another party in the park. This time something called 'Tropfest'. Basically a competition where new film makers could showcase a short film (they had to be no longer than 7 minutes).As always the park was heaving, we found a spot, unrolled our blanket, had a few beers and watched the show!!!
All in all a fantastic day!!
1 comments:
Full respect to old surfer dude!!He the man!! Far better doing that than collecting your pension on a grey tuesday afternoon down the post office lol!! Carl x
Post a Comment