Monday, 15 December 2008

There's a hole in my sofa....

...dear liza, dear liza!

When the sofas were shipped off down-under a couple of weeks ago, we bought a couple of inflatable sofas to sit on, to save from sitting on the floor (not nice!). Anyway, after a couple of days, we started rolling round on them a bit which while providing many comedy moments trying to get out of them, really wasn't all that dignified; so I decided to re-inflate them.

With the words 'do not over inflate', ringing in my ears from the instructions (yes, I actually read the instructions for an inflatable sofa - I think I was shocked that there needed to be instructions for an inflatable sofa and wanted to pay respects to whoever had written them in Mandarin and translated them to English, through Russian, Arabic and probably ancient Hebrew!). Anyway, I promptly set about re-inflating the sofa at a rate of knots, resulting in a firm and comfortable sofa.

The picture above is what greeted me this morning.....something tells me I might have over done it with the pump.

Of course (and before you say it), this is exactly why instructions are included with an inflatable sofa, so eejits like me who are inclined to get over-excited with a pump have to be reminded it's not a bouncy castle, but a cheap sofa from Argos!

The only saving grace is that the offending sofa is Phil's - mine's great and he's not getting it!!!! ;-)

_____________________
Latest Sydney weather report: Fine. Moderate to fresh southeasterly winds, gradually easing. Dangerous surf conditions, particularly on south facing beaches. , max: 26

6 days to go.....

1 comments:

Emmie-lou said...

Lol...oh dear oh dear. Have just caught up with your blog!! I think it's great that you're taking the risk to learn something new and experience something different. You're going to be very missed though!! I just hope that you have a great time (and don't fall in love with Aussie that much...) :D